Configure the customers with Basic Invoice
- In Business Central, search and go to the page 'Customers'.
- Open up the customer card that you want to enable Basic Invoice for.
- Under the 'Invoicing' section you will find the GEDI fields, click 'show more' to the right, to make sure you see all fields.
GEDI Profile; should be set to either 'GEDI-BBAN', 'GEDI-BGIR' or 'GEDI-IBAN'. This will activate the customer to send out Basic Invoice, and will be inherited by all sales orders, invoice and credit notes created there after.
The 3 profiles are setup to send different bank information that you want the payment of the invoice to be payed to, each customer needs to be setup with the correct payment type. The information is taken from "Company Information" page in BC.
Domestic Bank account
Bank Account No. (79|14)
SWIFT Code (79|39)
Giro No. (79|11)
International Bank account
SWIFT Code (79|3
GEDI Doc. Exchange Type; here you can choose if the customer should receive invoice by other means than E-invoice. If it's empty and has the 'GEDI Profile', E-invoice is selected automatically.
- EDI (or empty): Sent as e-invoice, only customers with connections to the network can receive e-invoices. Before you select EDI type, it is important to check with the customer that they are connected to the network!
When sending a EDI type invoice it's important that the right identification reference is used to find the customer in the connected network. The most common Identification used is 'Domestic Organization No', but sometimes also 'GLN' and 'VAT Registration No' can be used. It should be agreed with them what to use before sending your first e-invoice to them. See table bellow for to fill this in on the customer card.
Customer Card Field
Table | Field
Domestic Organization No
GEDI Doc. Exchange ID
18 | 70019004
18 | 90
VAT Registration No
Vat Registration No
18 | 86
- PDF: E-invoice will be converted to a PDF standard layout on network side and sent out as an e-mail to customer email address Before you select PDF type, it is important that the customer card has a email address under Address & Contact!
If e-mail invoices are common for you, we recommend you to use our freemium PDF via your own SMTP instead. This will save you transaction fees from the network suppliers and your own PDF layout can be used. More information on Freemium on the Appsource.
- Paper: E-invoice will be converted to a PDF standard layout on network side, printed to paper, and sent to the customer address via postal mail. Before you select Paper type, it is important to check that the customer is located in a supported country that the network sends to & keep in mind the postal fee will be added!
If you have many customers to configure this way, we recommend you to use our batch update customers assisted setup.