Run a test case to check that SMTP and app is configures correctly.
IMPORTANT - To be able to run this test you need a Sales Invoice that we will later 'Post'. If your using a real invoice for the test, put yourself as the email receiver first to confirm it works.
- In Business Central, search and go to the page "Sales Invoices"
- Open the sales invoice that you want to run the test with.
- Under the "Invoice Details" section, you will find the field 'GEDI Profile'. Change this to 'PDF-INVOIC', in order to activate the functionality.
- 'Post' the invoice.
- If you search and go to the page 'Posted Sales Invoice' you can find a column with 'GEDI Status' - this should now have status 'PDF Requested'.
- Search and go to the page 'GEDI Message Queue'.
- Here you will find a row with your invoice number in 'Message ID' column and with the 'Message Code' = 'SI-22-PR', probably it's the last row in the list.
- Mark the row, and go to 'Process' tab and click 'Run Message' to manually trigger the invoice.
- If you go back to 'Posted Sales Invoices' you can see that the GEDI Status is now 'PDF Sent'
If you received the e-mail this means the test was successful and SMTP and customer configuration is correct.
If you changed the customer email to your own address for the test, don't forget to set it back to the correct customer email!
During this test you manually processed the message via our 'GEDI Message Queue', in the next step we will create and schedule 'Job Queue Entries' to handle this for us automatically in the background.
Last modified 3yr ago